200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training & Immersion Program
2022 Program Dates
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
An application must be completed for consideration and acceptance into the program. Participants are recommended to have at least 6 months of regular yoga practice but each applicant will be reviewed no matter what their background is.
Payment plan for 8 months $350. per month
Includes unlimited Yoga classes for 8 months
Please contact us for details.
Whether you are interested in learning to teach yoga or simply deepening your own practice, expanding your self-awareness and transforming your life, the Yoga by the Sea Teacher Training/Immersion program is committed to the personal success of every participant. Our 200-hour certification program provides a comprehensive foundation for the fundamentals of teaching yoga and living a yogic lifestyle based on the Classical Hatha Yoga System, with an emphasis on Yoga Therapy.
Participants will be immersed in a program rich in the full spectrum of all that is yoga: vibrant, purposeful, authentic, conscious, joyful, balanced, sacred, spiritual and transformative. Throughout the training, participants will be encouraged to explore their full abilities in both body and spirit and be prepared to teach yoga from a place of clarity, personal experience and enthusiasm. You will be guided through this program with intelligence and compassion.
What You Will Learn
- Physiological, psychological and spiritual aspects of asana, pranayama, and meditation
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the physical body and subtle energy body
- History and philosophy of yoga through study of ancient yoga texts
- Intensives including: Business, Ethics, Prenatal
- Principles of Practice, Demonstration, Observation, Teaching, Assists
- Practice-teaching sessions, intimate study groups, observing and assisting classes
Yoga Alliance Standards
Based on Yoga Alliance Standards, our 200-hour certification program includes:
- Techniques Training/Practice: Includes asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques. You will learn introductory level postures including benefits and contraindications, warm up and modifications to support a range of students. You will also learn essential breathing practices, and how to use the breath for transformation, in a yoga and meditation practice. 100 hours
- Teaching Methodology: Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, ethics for yoga teachers, and business aspects of teaching yoga. 25 hours
- Anatomy & Physiology: Includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (healthy movement patterns, etc). 20 hours
- Yoga Philosophy, Ethics and a Balanced Lifestyle: Includes the study of yoga philosophies, an overview of Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras, Classical 8 limbed path of yoga, Yogic lifestyle. 30 hours
- Practicum: Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others, teaching and hearing/giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching. 10 hours
- Therapeutic Yoga: Learn how to adapt the practice of Yoga to meet the needs of people with specific or persistent, chronic health challenges. Focusing on the practice of Yoga as a holistic healing journey. 15 hours
“Yoga therapy is that facet of the ancient science of Yoga that focuses on health and wellness at all levels of the person: physical, psychological, and spiritual. Yoga therapy focuses on the path of Yoga as a healing journey that brings balance to the body and mind through an experiential understanding of the primary intention of Yoga: awakening of Spirit, our essential nature.”—Integrative Yoga Therapy (U.S.A.)
Joseph LePage, M.A
Self-study, regular yoga classes, observing classes & assisting in classes will be conducted outside of group scheduled hours and can be arranged according to your own personal schedule. We realize the majority of participants in the program have time constraints and outside responsibilities, therefore the entire program is designed to support your current lifestyle as you experience your teacher training and deepen your connection to yoga and your practice!
After completing this 200-hour training, you will receive a certificate and a letter of recommendation. This will aid in the application process when applying for teaching positions. You will also be able to register with the Yoga Alliance and receive a 200 RYT rating. There will also be an opportunity to teach at Yoga by the Sea. Depending on your own practice, you will be prepared to teach beginner to intermediate-level classes. We encourage teachers to constantly be learning new information, as we are always students!
Hasu, Marney Coulter, Program Director and Senior Teacher
From the Heart
In the Fall of 1994, I took a Quantum Leap to change the direction I walked in my life. This created a Quantum Shift, leading me into my first yoga studio at the age of 28. A New Year’s resolution in January 1995.
Within 3 months, I was practicing yoga regularly, working for the yoga studio as an administrator, and committing to the upcoming Teacher Training program, though not quite sure how I was going to pay for it. This one decision changed the course of my life. The connection experienced with the teachings, the physical practice, the deep heart opening, sense of community, self-acceptance, abiding calm, meditation, chanting, and holistic lifestyle shift, are only a few examples of the profound changes that occurred within the first year.
One of the greatest gifts Yoga brought to me was a resourcefulness to move through life’s most difficult and joyful moments. The faith and commitment to the teachings have continued to guide me through loss, marriage, birth, parenting, reinvesting and rebuilding with grace and gratitude. My intention for this training is to simply guide and support your transformation while you move deeper into your own life.
From the Resume
Hasu currently has over 7000 hours of training and over 13,000 hours of teaching experience since 1995. Over the past 27+ years, her Dharma and Sadhana have been as Yogi, Guiding through teaching, as a Spiritual Living Coach, and Community Business Owner. She has been working full-time with a successful yoga business for the past 22 years, both in Vancouver and on the Sunshine Coast. A Certified Registered Yoga Therapist with the International Yoga Therapist Association. She is registered with Yoga Alliance as a 500-hour E-RYT, 200 E-RYT, and is the Program Director of the 200 RYS and 300 RYS at Yoga by the Sea. She is also the Program Director of the I AM 800 Hour Yoga Therapy Program and Senior Faculty for the Amrit Yoga Institute. She also has hundreds of hours of Meditation and Yogic Philosophy training and other workshops, including Yoga for Arthritis, Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training, Experiential Anatomy and Structural Yoga Therapy. She is also trained in Massage and Reiki Level 2.
Hasu is the Owner and Director of Yoga by the Sea, the largest Health and Wellness Centre on the Sunshine Coast.
Yoga by the Sea, a dedicated Yoga Centre, was co-founded by Lyne Lantaigne and welcomed by the Sunshine Coast community in 2006.
Japa, Lesley Morgan, Senior Mentor
- Yoga Philosophy
Hema, Chanel Choquer, RMT
- Anatomy & Physiology
Atma, Melissa Lyons, Yoga Therapist
- Chakra Energy System
“I’ve learned to trust myself.
I’ve become a more compassionate person.
I’ve deepened friendships and explored learning in a whole new way.
My evolution through this program is profound.
I have such gratitude for the guidance of Hasu.
And the community of fellow yogis.”
“This course has taught me to trust myself and be the most authentic person I can be. But above all to live my life by following my whole heart and to LOVE, Love, love. Its been completely transformational, beautiful and filled with growth, tears, laughter, learning and love.”
“Grateful to have met all of these amazing people whom I love and look forward to spending many more years of friendship with.”
“Hasu thank you for helping me see the light within. I love you!”