300 hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training / Life Skills Program
Future Program Dates TBD!
- Session #1: Therapeutic Yoga/Ayurveda
- Session #2: Padma Advanced Studies Meditation
- Session #3: Posture of Consciousness
- Session #4: Meditation in Motion Immersion
- Session #5: Yoga Nidra
- Session #6: Silent Retreat
Application Deadline: TBD
An application must be completed for consideration and acceptance in the program. Participants are recommended to have a 200 YTT and one year of a regular yoga / meditation practice but each applicant will be reviewed no matter what their background is.
- $3200 (tax included)
- $600 non-refundable deposit to reserve your spot
- Payment plan option is available: 8 payments of $325 per month
Your investment includes 8 months of unlimited drop-in yoga classes for the duration of the program as a gift to become established in yoga.
Transportation and accommodation information available. Some billeting with local residents may also be available. Please contact us for details.
A transformative journey to delve deeper into self discovery. Uncovering the true nature of who we are and expanding our experience of living fully, moment to moment. Sensing, feeling and being our way though life rather than thinking and doing. What we learn or unlearn we then are able to share it with others through our relationships, life work and presence.
What We Will Focus On
- Meditation using mindfulness practices and movement, creating space and stillness in the mind to see more clearly.
- Therapeutic Yoga (Body Psychology) with various energy diffusion techniques, somatic experiences and body mind connection, deepening a felt sense in the body.
- A deeper exploration of the Chakras energy systems in the body in relation to developmental stages of life, and various imbalances: addiction, trauma, anxiety, and depression.
- Breaking re-active patterns, repetitive thought patterns (samskaras), karma, and how it relates to our day to day life.
- Deepening our experience of consciousness and becoming established as consciousness instead of self–conscious.
- Integrative relaxation techniques like Yoga Nidra and understanding how it works and why.
- Science of Ayurveda studies to increase vitality and support a Yogic lifestyle.
- A silent meditation retreat to learn the repetitive dialogue of the mind and break patterns.
Marney Coulter, Program Director and Senior Teacher
From the Heart
I walked into my first yoga studio at the age of 28 as a New Year’s resolution in January 1995. Within 3 months, I was practicing yoga regularly, working at a yoga studio as an administrator, and committing to the upcoming Teacher Training program, though not quite sure how I was going to pay for it. This one decision changed the course of my life. The connection experienced with the teachings, the physical practice, the deep heart opening, sense of community, self acceptance, abiding calm, meditation, chanting, and holistic lifestyle shift, are only a few examples of the profound changes that occurred within the first year. One of the greatest gifts Yoga brought to me was a resourcefulness to move through life’s most difficult trials. This was tested when my Mother passed away only two months before I completed this first training. The faith and commitment to this practice has continued to guide me through tragedy, marriage, birth, parenting, divorce and rebuilding with grace and gratitude. My intention for this training is to simply guide and support your transformation, while you move deeper into your own life.
From the Resume
Marney currently has over 3000 hours of training and 23+ years of experience. Since 1995, her career profession has been as a Yoga Teacher. She has been working full time, with a successful yoga business for the past 18 years, both in Vancouver and on the Sunshine Coast. She is a Certified Registered Yoga Therapist with the International Yoga Therapist Association. She is registered with Yoga Alliance as a 500 hour E-RYT, 200 E-RYT, and is the Program Director of the 200 RYS and 300 RYS at Yoga by the Sea. She is senior faculty with the Amrit Yoga Institute. She also has hundreds of hours of Meditation and Yogic Philosophy training, and 300 hours of various workshop trainings including Yoga for Arthritis, Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training, Experiential Anatomy and Structural Yoga Therapy. Marney is also trained in Massage and Reiki Level 2.
She is the Owner and Director of Yoga by the Sea, the largest Health and Wellness Centre on the Sunshine Coast.
Yoga by the Sea, a dedicated Yoga Centre, was co-founded by Lyne Lantaigne and welcomed by the Sunshine Coast community in 2006.