Season of Giving is Every Day.
December 1, 2022 – January 31, 2023
Every year Yoga by the Sea hosts a food bank drive through the month of December and January.
Everybody needs access to food and the Food Bank here on the Sunshine Coast is feeding more and more people, more families due to the various rising costs, and economic shifts, in an ever-changing landscape.
One of my brothers passed away this year. He lived with the mental illness of schizophrenia and addiction. He was a regular recipient of food banks, social and community services, social housing and disability. Supporting the systems that supported him, is very near and dear to my heart. The food bank feeds our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, neighbours, and children. Please join us and Feed the Food Bank this season, by bringing a non-perishable food item the next time you come for a class or event. It’s simple, easy and heart full, you’re feeding someone’s family, maybe even your own. I deeply appreciate all the people that feed my brother and looked after him during his life.
Please donate unopened food products that must not have passed their best before date.
Here are some simple suggestions:
- Tetra pack milk and juice
- Everyone donates pasta sauce and spaghetti noodles.
- They cannot eat all the awesome canned veggies, fruit canned legumes and beans and soup unless you put a can opener in too or buy pop tops.
- Oil is a luxury but needed
- Spices or salt and pepper would great
- Teabags and coffee
- Sugar and flour
- Canned Tuna and other meats.
- Peanut butter and jelly.
- Cake mix and frosting make it possible to make a child’s birthday cake.
- Dishwashing detergent is very expensive and is always appreciated.
- Menstrual hygiene products are a luxury that people will cry over.
- macaroni and cheese
- personal care products: soap, shampoo, toothpaste,
- Everyone loves Stove Top Stuffing.