*In-Studio & Virtual Classes for Summer*
Things are going to look a little different for awhile as we navigate these changing times, but we are confident in the strength and love of our community and our beautiful space.
In consideration of everyone’s safety, we have made some temporary changes to the way the studio flows, the amount of people in the space, what we have available for your practice, the number of classes, and your time with us. We thank you so much for your understanding and love.
- We ask that you review the following questions prior to attending class, and that you not attend class if you answer “yes” to any of the following:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, new/worsening cough, shortness of breath, new muscle aches or headaches, or sore throat?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days?
- Are you a close contact of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- The entrance and exit of the studio will be organized in order to keep with social distancing guidelines.
- There will be a maximum of 5 students per class in the Sun Studio, and 8 students per class in the Moon Studio.
- Mat spaces will be clearly defined in the studio so we can all practice with peace of mind.
- There will be no studio mats or other props for you to borrow – you will have to supply your own. We recommend a mat and blanket.
- We ask that you use a non-medical mask to protect others.
- We ask that you utilize the hand sanitizer and cleaning solutions throughout the studio frequently
- All belongings will be required to be left in your vehicle. Only your mat and you in the studio please.
- The washroom will be open for emergency use only.
- Outdoor classes will be offered at specific pre determined locations.
- We will adhere to strict cleaning protocols after each class, in accordance with Worksafe BC guidelines.
- Due to limited space for proper distancing, all spots must be reserved a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the start of class. NO drop ins allowed.
- In order to reserve your spot, you must first create an account in our online Virtual Studio (and you might as well do that now if you haven’t already!). You can also access the online option for classes through this platform!
We will continue to offer ZOOM Virtual Studio option for stay-at-home students. Be sure to find our class archive and other tools for your practice on FaceBook and YouTube. These teachings will continue to be accessible to you, anchoring your home practice, and offering tools, techniques and teachings to be a steady presence during these unprecedented times.
We would like to personally thank all the YBTS family members who have been able to sustain the studio over the past three months through selfless seva in teaching classes online, through continuing memberships during the pause, and through loving contributions.
WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! Please check in often for further updates.
Hasu & the entire Yoga By the Sea Family
A Centre for Wellness, Bodywork, Yoga, Healing Arts, Tai Chi, Pilates, Chanting, Sound Healing and Movement in “The Heart of Roberts Creek”
Welcome to Yoga by the Sea — a welcoming, respectful and inspiring community for all people, all bodies and all ages. We are committed to a sacred and healing space that is a loving, accepting, joyful, peaceful and safe environment for all.
Since 2006 we have been the hub for your body, mind and spirit. We are the largest and most established yoga and wellness centre on the Sunshine Coast.
Our dedicated, experienced and professional teachers — with generous hearts and deep personal knowledge — offer a variety of classes and services including yoga, meditation, pilates, tai chi, bodywork, therapy, kirtan chanting and advanced learning.
Join us for a class and you may notice a sense of ease in life, discover more clarity, experience more love, and be able to live more fully in the present moment.
We would love to have you as part of the Yoga by the Sea community.